list of additional pages, click on any one to view

Sunday, 10 January 2016

My favourite makes in 2015

I had a wonderful 2015 sewing some beautiful fabrics, and I wanted to share with you some of my favourite makes.


I just love this holiday dress. I came across  a length of vintage seersucker and made it into the best holiday dress ever. Every time I go away it comes with me, it doesn't crease, washes easily and I feel wonderful in it,
Click here  for instructions on how to make it.




In May I had a big birthday,  I turned 60,and I wanted a special dress to wear on the day. We spent my birthday in Lanzarote and I wore the dress and jacket when we went out for dinner in the evening. I love bright colours and this outfit now has very special memories.
I introduced some very basic couture features on the bodice to help support the neckline too. See the post HERE






Another of my absolute favourites is this jacket with matching shift dress. I love the vintage fabric and the colours. This was actually meant to be curtain fabric,  but I felt it was too nice to hang in my windows!
I also showed you how to sew an all in one facing.  A very useful tutorial! See it by clicking on this link DRESS AND JACKET


This Sew Over It BETTY dress is amazing for dancing in. I love vintage style clothes and this one fits the bill perfectly. It a wishes as you walk because of the amount of fabric in the skirt,  a word of warning though,  do take care on windy days!
 BETTY DRESS



I had a very sucessful Sew saturday when I spent the day at Mrs Johnson's Emporium in Blackpool. I was overrun with Ali Owls for weeks! NOTES ON SEW SATURDAY I really enjoyed the day, and managed to get some newbies into sewing!


One of the outfits which is admired the most is this spotted dress and jacket. I went to town a bit embellishing the jacket, but it was definately worth the effort.  I feel fabulous in it! See it here, POLKA DOTS


This is a "BY HAND" DRESS called ANNA. Sadly it is now only available by download but I managed to get hold of a real paper pattern. The dress itself turned out beautifully and I made a lace over top with hand made buttons to wear over it.  The effect was stunning and I wore it with pride on new years eve. People asked where I got it from, well, I made it myself and was proud to admit it.
This dress could easily be made into a summer holiday dress, so do read my tutorial on THIS PAGE



Those of you who regularly read my blog will know that I had an accident. I stood on a pin which required a general anaesthetic and surgery to remove. This was a great lesson to learn and it led to me purchasing a magnetic pin cushion amongst other things from Jaycotts.co.uk.  I am now far more careful with my pins! See the full report On this:link



My favourite jacket of all time has to be this one. In fact I love the pattern so much that in addition to this pink wool boucle I made it in black linen and it formed the basis of my Polka dot jacket, featured above too. If you have always wanted to make a jacket but have never dared to then this blog post is for you.Do take a look at this blog post HERE and have a go. This pattern by Butterick is so easy to wear and flattering that you will not ever regret making it. This remains my favourite jacket pattern ever.




I had a fabulous day when I went to visit my sponsor Jaycotts.co.uk  in Chester and they presented me with this fantastic Benina sewing machine.  I am totally delighted to become part of the Jaycotts family.
I am a also proud to contribute to their blog on http://www.jaycotts.co.uk/blogs/news
If you have never discovered Jaycotts before then I strongly recommend that you visit their web site now. Their prices are very competitive and the range of products so extensive that you would not want to shop anywhere else. To see my review of my new Bernina please do look at this blog post, MY NEW SEWING MACHINE
I have purchased my sewing tools from Jaycotts.co.uk for more years then I can remember and highly recommend them.




This is me pictured with the jaycotts team in Chester,  but do not worry at all if you are unable to visit them, they run an excellent mail order service.


I do love to sew for men, and many of my blog posts feature shirts and ties. If you have never sewn for a man before then I do highly recommend that you start with a tie. They are incredibly easy to make and a hand made tie is very much appreciated so I do highly recommend you making one,  or two or more!
MAKE A TIE there are actually two posts on making ties, so when you have read this one then move to the previous page and get some more ideas



 I loved making this faux fur jacket and hat.  I was looking around the shops and fell in love with the fur jackets that seemed to be everywhere, but what a price they are! So I decided to make my own and I absolutely love it. There is absolutely no reason why you should not make your own, so do read my blog post for hints on sewing with fur and make yourself one. They instantly add glamour as well as warmth to any outfit.,FUR COAT

There are people I wish to thank for making my 2015 so sucessful

Jaycotts.co.uk
MinervaCrafts.com
WhiteTreeFabrics.com
Abakhan.co.uk

And more, but also you for reading my blog posts.  Do sign up for email alerts and be the first to read my new posts as they come out

A very happy, sucessful 2016 to all

Angela x

No comments: